Saturday, August 28, 2010

Friendships Never Expire

An e-Mail From a Friend 


Hi, Two years ago, you wrote a verse in a poem (Ghazal) :



Shikasta paai say ghaayal tha, quaid ghar mei'n raha
Mai'n apni zaat kay andar magar safar mei'n raha

that meant something like this :

Due to injuries, I remained imprisoned in home
But, continued moving on the inner voyage within

Very honestly speaking, I could not understand the meanings of the verse at that time as I have no flair for poetry.  But, now that circumstances and perhaps fate have restricted and confined me to home imprisonment, I understand what you meant in the above verse.

Now I understand how difficult and almost second to impossible it would have been for you to combat with hypertension and depression particularly when your friends abandon you  for various reasons and your own family starts ignoring you for your blunders.

In spite of not being an internet maniac, I regularly visit your blog http://thinksucceeded.blogspot.com and derive truly invigorating energy to battle with my depression.  Also, now I realize the value and power of positive thinking that you have been preaching personally and in your writings.  

My dear, I sincerely regret my ignoring you in those times when you needed me most.  In fact, I was afraid that after losing everything in your business, you might ask me for some money which I was not in a position to lend to you.  But, that factor alone should not have changed my feelings about you.
The friend who took this photo is missing here but, the smile on these
faces captured his spiritual presence forever. Only they could feel it.

Friendship should be much above such a misdemeanor.  Your quote on one of your blogs "A friendship is like your extreme privacy where you don’t look around before changing your clothes with lights on or off" is true in the real sense of the phrase.

Hope you condone my ignorance.  I do admit that I missed your company in those times and I miss it more badly these days.

Look forward to spending some time with you soon.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I wish and pray that God bless you with more positive energies, courage and ability to get out of this situation and move along the stream of life like before.

Would be with you very soon.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment